Scheduling a Tour
After browsing our school web site, I am sure you are interested in seeing our school first-hand! If you are interested in a visit to the school, please contact us at (812) 333-2882. We will set up a date and time for you to visit with your family and your child. During the tour, we will show you around the school environment, introduce you to several other staff members, go through policies and procedures, AND answer YOUR questions! We look forward to meeting you and your child!
In order to be enrolled in The Prep School, you would need to fill out the Application for Admission form and submit this form with a $50.00 deposit. After this is submitted, you will be notified of your child’s placement at The Prep School.
We enroll students all year long at The Prep School. Our school year runs mid-August to the end of May. We also have a Summer Program which runs from early June through early August.
After your child is enrolled at The Prep School, there are several other pieces of information needed from your family for our school’s records.
Needed Family Updates
1. 2021 -22 School Year Student Update Form – Please complete and have this ready to submit on your child’s first day of school (if not before). Every NEW family must complete this form for the current school year.
Some of you have already completed this form (but in an earlier version). You do not have to resubmit this form, if you feel that your information has not changed from the previous year’s submission. However, we like to have the most up-to-date information possible in order to communicate with you, so if you feel something has changed from your family’s previous year’s submission, please complete this form and bring it in! THANKS!
2. If your child has FOOD ALLERGIES, we need to know!
On the 2021 -22 School Year Student Update Form, you will find a section regarding allergies. Please fill this form out and return to us on the first day of school (if not before), so we can be aware of your child’s allergies.
3. Since your child is now accepted to The Prep School, your family’s $50.00 Application Fee is due. This is ONLY for families that are NEW to our school. Please include this fee in your first payment to The Prep School. If this has already been paid, then we will have a record of this payment! Thanks!
4. A Health Record, which includes current immunization record and physical exam (must have been within the last year and must be signed by a physician), is required for each child. This must be turned in within 30 days of your child starting at The Prep School. (Some of you have already completed this form, so you do not have to resubmit this form).
5. According to the State of Indiana, because The Prep School is NOW an Accredited School through the State of Indiana, the school must have a copy of your child’s birth certificate on file. Please bring this to school on the first day of school. If you choose not to provide a birth certificate to The Prep School, you must write a letter that states this information to The Prep School and we will keep this in your child’s file.
6. The last form that we would like to have on file is the Student Profile Form. This form gives valuable details about your child and his/her habits, personality, family life, etc.
7. Don’t forget about our Family Picture Tree in the entry way of our school! Please bring in a family picture (informal pictures are great)! We love to show off our wonderful families!
Potty Training and Your Child
The Prep School requires that children who attend the school must be potty trained. What does potty trained mean? Well, let me explain…
Children should wear panties or underwear. Diapers and or pull-ups are not allowed (not even during nap time).
During a group bathroom break, a child who is potty trained is able to walk into the bathroom and know what to do when a toilet is in front of her or him. We have child-sized potties that help children gain independence, but teachers are present if a child needs help getting onto the potty.
In addition, a child should be able to wipe her/himself after peeing or pooping.
Lastly, a child should be able to pull down and pull up all articles of clothing on own. Of course, buttons, snaps, and zippers are tricky at times and a teacher is present to assist in these times.
We realize that potty accidents do occur occasionally. Because of this, we ask that you please bring an extra change of clothes (comprised of undies, pants, socks, and shirt) and keep in your child’s cubby for the time an accident might occur. If these extra clothes are used, be sure to refresh your child’s extra clothes supply. The Prep School has some extra pieces of clothing at the school, but if not, you might receive a call from us requesting clothing. If accidents occur more than occasionally, like on a daily basis or more than once a day, your child’s enrollment in the school might be deferred to a later date.
These forms can be returned these ways:
1. U.S. Mail to:
The Prep School
525 West 17th Street
Bloomington, Indiana 47404
2. Scan and Email to jenptheprepschool.net
3. Drop off at school